Monday, January 25, 2010

One Week In!

One week into my joy journey and I'm feeling good about it.   I should hope so, right?!

It's actually not an easy mission, I can tell you that, but it's super-rewarding.  What I enjoy most is how I feel afterwards... always better, always a measure of peace and comfort, no matter how small the experience. It feels good to nurture my spirit each day and the best part is when I share the moment with others.

As I've previously mentioned, I try to pre-plan my "joy moment" so I never let the day go by without the experience. But at times, on a busy day like today, it comes from brief contemplation. I'm always inspired pretty quickly when I think of my friends and family.

Today I decided to check on a friend who was laid off from work.  I sat and talked with her and tried to give her words of encouragement and support.  I could tell she needed to talk but had been holding it in.  I know what's it's like to be in-between jobs and sometimes it helps to talk to someone who's been in your shoes.  She felt better after our chat and it showed in her smile. I pray she finds employment soon but in the meantime, I'll try to be there for her as much as I can.

Stay tuned :-)

No comments: