Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thankful!

Today I started my day by giving thanks.  I went to church to give praise and thanks for many things in my life.  

I'm thankful to be employed again. Thankful for good friends, family, and health. Thankful for having a roof over my head, food to eat and a place to lay my head every night. Thankful for the inspiration to begin writing again. Thankful for this blog and thankful that God led me to start one.

Taking a moment to reflect on the things I'm grateful for is good for my spirit and good for my soul. Life's not easy in the world we live in today... not by any means.  Watching the news is evidence of that. Yet, even with everything that could happen, I'm still here and okay, and for that I'm very grateful.

Taking stock of the good things in my small corner of the world reminds me of how blessed I am... and keeps life's crazy times in perspective.

Today my "joy moment" was in church among many others giving thanks and praise. I'm thankful for that and for this day.

Be blessed.

Stay tuned :-)

No comments: