Monday, January 18, 2010

The Yellow Brick Road- My Journey Begins.

As the first day of my self-appointed journey begins, I am both excited and nervous.

This is my very first blog, my first time making a year long commitment to do something (anything for that matter!) and my first time putting emotions to paper... in such a public way. Scary stuff!

I feel if I really want to make changes to my life and my attitude, I have to get radical. I'm hoping this blog will keep me organized, focused and accountable, to myself, friends and readers along the way.

My goal: to do something each and every day, for one year (365 days!), that will bring me happiness. (Before you think I'm totally self-indulgent, please reference my previous entry for backstory). Whether big or small, a few minutes or a few hours... I will participate in some action, event or activity, that will bring a smile to my face and joy to my spirit.  And... I will try to include someone else in the happy journey.... All in an effort to gain new perspective, appreciation and lessons for leading a better life.

Hopefully, as you join me on my "hunt for happy", you will be motivated to do the same, if you haven't already. At the very least, I hope you'll be entertained by a funny, blogger chick looking for her yellow brick road.

I know... get a life, right?!  I'm trying!  LOL.

Stay tuned. :-)

No comments: