Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rough Day

I didn't have a good day today. It started off hectic and stressful and stayed consistent throughout. By the time the end of the day came, I was spent.

My ride home was filled with bumper to bumper traffic, so I had all the time in the world to recap the emotional day.  Not good.  I felt myself getting upset and everything I was holding in started brimming to the top.  I had let little things... actually a LOT of little (and aggravating) things get the best of me.  A few moderate stressors fell into the mix, as well. Narly traffic the entire way home was the topper.

I thought, how are you gonna find your "joy moment" in this day?   I had no idea. I couldn't fake the funk... and never would.   An hour and a half later, I was finally home but my mood wasn't much better.

So I went in my room,  got comfortable, and kept it completely silent to really reflect on my day.  I thought about what I could've done differently to make it a better day. Even though I couldn't control the things that happened, I could control how I reacted to them. I needed to remember that. Then I prayed.  I prayed for future strength, courage and wisdom in all that I said and did.   And then, I let it go... for real this time. God's got it, I thought, 'nuff said.  Did I feel better?  Yes.  Was I joyous...  I wouldn't have described it that way but I definitely felt back on track.  A little house cleaning is necessary and always a good thing.

Stay Tuned. :-)

No comments: