Saturday, January 30, 2010

Love Connection

Ah, technology.   My mom and I were texting each other throughout the day, today.  We don't normally do that but she has an Iphone now and she's really using that new fangled thing. LOL.

In one text, she said one of her favorite old movies, "Wuthering Heights", was coming on and to watch it. I responded and told her that I would. The movie centers around a passionate love triangle, starring, Laurence Olivier, Merle Oberon and David Niven  It's a sweet and sad love story.  My mom has seen it countless times.  A couple of years ago, while home for a visit, I finally had an opportunity to see it for the first time, with her. We both love old movies and enjoyed watching it together. 

My mom sent me another text as the ending credits of the movie rolled.  Her text said, "Thank you for watching the movie with me. Maybe one day we can watch it again, together.  Love you."

My mom lives in North Carolina. I live in California. It was interesting watching the same movie at the same time with her, but in different places.  It was also funny to chat with her about it through texts.  The best part was realizing that even though we were apart, watching it in our different time zones, we could still share a mother-daughter moment. Her text told me that it meant a lot to her that I watched it.  It meant a lot to me to know that.

It doesn't matter how we connect with the ones we love, as long as we do.  Love you, too, Mom!

Stay tuned :-)



No comments: