Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Road Trip


Spent part of the day on the road with my mom and gran headed to an appointment that was quite a distance away in my grandmother's old hometown. It was a pretty interesting ride and turned into a blast from the past. As we drove through the small town where she grew up, my grandmother pointed out places she remembered fondly from her childhood.


I saw where she used to go to school, the places her and friends would hangout, restaurants she would frequent, homes of other relatives and several other locations that brought back great memories for her. It was a real treat to see the town where she grew up, hear lively old stories and learn new things about her.
 

Our little road trip became a fun trip down memory lane for my grandma...  and for my mom and I, as well.

Learning more about my gran and spending great quality time with her on the road was my moment for today.

Stay tuned :-)

Ms. Girl

No comments: